Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Below you'll find answers to some of the most frequent topics. Click on a topic to expand, or enter a search term below:

Collection and Delivery

Can you deliver items to the UK from abroad ?

We can arrange great import rates. Please email office@pallet2ship.co.uk with your details and we will reply to you with a quote in a short time.

Can I have a morning collection?

Probably not. You can specify a package ready time, which may be up until 3pm, although this depends on your area. Your package will be collected between this time and 5.30pm.

Do you only collect boxes?

We can collect boxes, letters and jiffy bags. Please note that Pallet2Ship can also collect crates, pallets or any other items. We specialise in very large items and we offer very competitive rates to any destination worldwide.

It's 4pm and my collection hasn't happened...

Collections are up until 6:00pm. Please feel free to contact us after 4pm if you are concerned about your collection, and we can check with the depot.

What compensation do I get if my package is not collected on time ?

All our services are either non guaranteed or guaranteed delivery only, this guarantee will only apply once the package has been collected. We are therefore not able to provide a refund for failed collections.

Will Pallet2Ship contact me if my collection fails ?

Pallet2Ship are a courier broker and therefore not the collecting agent. We have very few collection issues, but if the collection does not take place please contact us so that we are aware and can rearrange your collection with the carrier.

What compensation do I get if my package is not delivered on time ?

If your consignment was sent on a guaranteed service then you will receive a 50% refund should the delivery exceed the guaranteed time.

What is classed as Furniture ?

Furniture is classified as movable objects which may support the human body (seating furniture and beds), provide storage, or hold objects on horizontal surfaces above the ground.

Can i ship a pallet that contains engine or gearbox with Pallet2ship?

Yes, you can. We have a dedicated service for this requirement. The only condition is the collection address has to be a commercial location (E.g garage). The goods need to be professionally cleaned, strapped and very well packed, on the pallet. Please make sure that at the time of the booking you follow the instructions and select a service which handles engines/gearboxes. 

Can i ship a pallet that contains personal effects with Pallet2ship?

Yes, you can, but we will require some pictures of the consignment in order to make sure the goods travel safely. Please make sure that at the time of the booking you follow the instructions and select a service which handles personal effects.

Customs Advice

Will I have to pay customs charges when I send a package ?

This is unpredictable and is at the discretion of the customs in the destination country. If they do impose charges, the recipient will be contacted by the customs directly and we cannot get involved in the process.

Damaged Items

Do I sign for my goods if they are damaged ?

If the goods are damaged, please sign to accept but note that the goods are damaged. If you sign for the goods in 'Good Condition', you will not be able to process a claim.

Do I need to keep the packaging ?

If the goods are damaged, packaging must be kept in case the goods need inspecting with the packaging. If the packaging is not kept this could invalidate your claim.

What cover does my consignment have ?

All services come with an inclusive transit cover of £50. Additional transit cover can be added at the time of booking.

What do I need to start a claim ?

In order to process a claim the following are needed: Photograph of the item Photograph and description of the packaging An invoice showing the value of the consignment The consignment number emailed to you at the time of booking The repairs and salvage value

Who can start a claim ?

Only the person that placed the order can start a claim and only the person who placed the order will be paid out.

How much time do I have to submit a loss or damage claim ?

The customer must advise us of a potential claim via email at office@pallet2ship.co.uk the same day as the goods are delivered. The claim must be submitted to us via the website within 24 hrs after the transit has ended.

How long will my claim take ?

he industry standard to resolve a claim is 8-12 weeks. Pallet2Ship aim to conclude any claim received within 28 working days.

Are there any exclusions to the Transit Cover ?

There are some exclusions that prevent you from making a claim. For example, you will be unable to claim for any items on our Prohibited or restricted Items list, or if the item was not boxed or packaged sufficiently. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to our Prohibited Items list and Terms and Conditions.

How will I get my item back ?

The damaged item must not be moved until the claim is completed as this will invalidate the claim. If the claim is paid out in full, the item will not be returned. If repair costs are paid the item will be delivered back to you if you wish.

How do I start a claim ?

Any claim must be placed through the website: https://www.pallet2ship.co.uk/insurance-claim/. We do not accept claims placed by phone, fax etc.

Online Booking

I don't want to book online, can I ring it through to you ?

In order to keep our prices low, we cannot take telephone bookings with the exception of specialised services such as imports or special deliveries.

Payment Methods

We currently accept the following payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, Switch/Maestro, Solo, Delta, Electron and Paypal.

Do you offer credit accounts ?

We do not normally offer credit accounts. If you are a limited company and send more than 100 packages a week, we may be able to offer you an account subject to status.

Why do I need a printer for some services ?

Some of our services need a Shipping Label to be attached to your packages, so you will need to be able to print these out. For this, you will need a good quality B&W or color printer.

I made a mistake online, how do i change this ?

Please e-mail Customer Services at office@pallet2ship.co.uk with the required changes and we will confirm if we are able to amend the booking or whether you will need to re-book.

Can I add additional transit cover ?

Sure. Additional transit cover can be added at the time of booking.

Questions? We're here to help.
Email office@pallet2ship.co.uk
or call 0044 (0) 1753 206 703

©2007-2019 Pallet2Ship

Pallet2Ship uses cookies to improve your user experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to accept our use of cookies as outlined in our privacy and cookie policies.

I Accept