Most goods can be dispatched from the UK to states within the EU without being accompanied by export licences, permits or certificates. However, there are a few exceptions as well, chemicals and military goods being at the top of this restricted list. Food and agricultural products are included on it too. Therefore, their dispatch may require the intervention of the customs authorities operating in the country of destination.
It should be noted that it is always important that the customers know exactly how the dispatcher’s business works before any agreements are signed. Businesses operating on the communications and media market, for instance, are subject to special sets of regulations. Such facts can be verified with the government departments in charge with trade licenses. Some common ones include:
- licences for dispatching cultural objects over 50 years old and exceeding the given financial limits, which can be obtained from the Export Licencing Unit of the Arts Council;
- licences for dispatching live animals and animal products from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), with health inspections also being required at times; licences for dispatching any endangered species and associated products from the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora;
- licences for dispatching ozone-depleting substances (ODS) from DEFRA;
- licences for dispatching medicines;
- licences for dispatching controlled drugs;
- licences for dispatching rough diamonds originating from a non-EU country and passing through the UK before reaching another EU state;
- licences for dispatching fish – European Community Catch Certificates and Re-export Certificates are required in such cases;
- licences for dispatching chemicals outside the EU – according to the REACH law, anyone manufacturing or importing more than 1 t of chemicals a year must sign up with the European Chemicals Agency and keep an evidence of all their chemicals at all times;
- licences for dispatching firearms in person – not required in the carrier has got a European Firearms Pass.
If you have any questions regarding our services, tracking your parcel or advice, we're hereGET IN TOUCH
Pallet came within agreed time frames, driver was very professional and helpful. Generally great service all round.
It was the first time i’ve used this company, and i must say i’m impressed. They collected and delivered my pallet in a timely manner, as per my instructions. I will definitely knock on their door next time i will need a fast delivery service!
It was my First time shipping something this big, Very good customer service helped me every step of the way with my many many questions, I will be using them again in the future and would definitely recommend